By David W. Onstad
* First ebook in 15 years to supply the historical past and discover facets of numerous stakeholders
* participants comprise specialists on ecological elements of IRM, molecular and inhabitants genetics, economics, and IRM social issues
* Biochemistry and molecular genetics of pesticides awarded with an mphasis on prior 15 years of analysis together with Cry proteins in transgenic crops
* Encourages scientists and stakeholders to enforce and coordinate concepts in response to neighborhood social conditions
Read Online or Download Insect Resistance Management: Biology, Economics, and Prediction PDF
Best entomology books
In quantity I, the primitive weevil households Anthribidae, Belidae, Nemonychidae, Caridae, Rhynchitidae and Attelabidae are handled. 100 and genera and four hundred species are catalogued. The species are illustrated by means of approximately 1035 person drawings and black and white pictures, as well as 650 color photos on the subject of primitive weevil households in Volumes V and VI.
The 1st descriptive treatise of contemporary bee administration. In a reader-friendly, enthusiastic variety, Langstroth addresses each element of beekeeping: bee body structure; illnesses and enemies of bees; the life-cycles of the queen, drone, and employee; bee-hives; the dealing with of bees; and plenty of different themes. 25 plates.
The historical past of organic keep watch over of damaging organisms via mites is marked by means of awesome achievements with a couple of superior traditional enemies. Early works targeting using predatory mites for the keep an eye on of synanthropic flies, extra lately, the point of interest has been totally on mites of the kinfolk Phytoseiidae for the keep watch over of plant feeding mites.
Around the Afrotropical and Malagasy areas, ants are the most conspicuous and ecologically dominant animal teams. From motive force ants to weaver ants, there are over 2,000 species in Africa on my own and over six hundred in Madagascar. Ants of Africa and Madagascar introduces readers to the interesting and various ant fauna of the Afrotropical and Malagasy areas.
- Mass Production of Beneficial Organisms: Invertebrates and Entomopathogens
- Insect Conservation: A Handbook of Approaches and Methods (Techniques in Ecology & Conservation)
- Fruit Fly Research and Development in Africa - Towards a Sustainable Management Strategy to Improve Horticulture
- American Beetles, Volume I: Archostemata, Myxophaga, Adephaga, Polyphaga: Staphyliniformia: 1
Additional resources for Insect Resistance Management: Biology, Economics, and Prediction
Insect Resistance Management: Biology, Economics, and Prediction by David W. Onstad