By Neal K. Van Alfen
Encyclopedia of Agriculture and foodstuff structures, moment Edition addresses vital concerns through studying issues of world agriculture and nutrients platforms which are key to knowing the demanding situations we are facing. Questions it addresses include:
- Will we manage to produce sufficient nutrition to satisfy the expanding nutritional want and desires of the extra billion humans anticipated to inhabit our planet via 2050?
- Will we have the capacity to meet the necessity for thus even more meals whereas concurrently lowering hostile environmental results of today’s agriculture practices?
- Will we be ready to produce the extra nutrients utilizing much less land and water than we use now?
These are one of the most vital demanding situations that face our planet within the coming many years. The extensive topics of foodstuff platforms and other people, agriculture and the surroundings, the technological know-how of agriculture, agricultural items, and agricultural construction platforms are lined in additional than two hundred separate chapters of this paintings. The ebook presents info that serves because the origin for dialogue of the meals and setting demanding situations of the area. a world crew of hugely revered authors addresses those concerns from an international point of view and offers the historical past, references, and linkages for additional exploration of every of themes of this accomplished work.
- Addresses vital demanding situations of sustainability and potency from a world perspective.
- Takes an in depth examine the real concerns affecting the rural and meals industries today.
- Full color throughout.