By Matthias Henze
Moshe J. Bernstein
George J. Brooks
Edward M. Cook
James L. Kugel
Jacques van Ruiten
Gregory E. Sterling
Sarah J. Tanzer
Benjamin G. Wright III
Read Online or Download A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism PDF
Best judaism books
Now on hand in English, a provocative new biography of the founding father of Hasidism
It isn't effortless to overestimate the importance of the Bar Kokhba insurrection. as a result of its long term results, it can be thought of the best tragedy in Jewish background. The catastrophe used to be additional compounded by means of the truth that Rabbi Akiba, the daddy of rabbinic Judaism, proclaimed Bar Kokhba, the chief of the uprising, to be God's Anointed, the Messiah.
Justice within the urban argues, in line with the rabbinic textual culture, specially the Babylonian Talmud, and using French Jewish thinker Emmanuel Levinas’ framework of interpersonal ethics, simply urban can be a group of legal responsibility. that's, in a group therefore conceived, the privilege of citizenship is the idea of the duties of the town in the direction of Others who're now not constantly in view—workers, the bad, the homeless.
Are women and men equivalent in Judaism? Is equality even a Jewish objective? If it's not, how can we reconcile a simply G-d with inequality? In a society during which it really is now not transparent who brings domestic the dough and who bakes it, who alterations the infant and who adjustments the tires, what does it relatively suggest to be male or lady?
- Neuanfang und Kontinuität in Jerusalem: Studien zu den hermeneutischen Strategien im Esra-Nehemia-Buch (Forschungen zum Alten Testament) (German Edition)
- Purity, Sacrifice, and the Temple: Symbolism and Supersessionism in the Study of Ancient Judaism
- Two Faiths, One Covenant?: Jewish and Christian Identity in the Presence of the Other (The Bernardin Center Series)
- Exile and Return: The Babylonian Context (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- From the Shtetl to the Lecture Hall: Jewish Women and Cultural Exchange (Studies in Judaism)
Additional info for A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism
A Companion to Biblical Interpretation in Early Judaism by Matthias Henze